Welcome to the homepage of the 2008 International Workshop on Optical Burst/Packet Switching (WOBS). The workshop will be held in conjunction with BROADNETS 2008 in London , UK on September 8th, 2008.
Optical burst switching (OBS) and optical packet switching (OPS) are promising technologies for harnessing the huge bandwidth of WDM optical fiber networks in a highly flexible and efficient manner. As a number of key optical component technologies approach maturity, optical burst/packet switching is becoming an increasingly attractive and practical architecture for the next-generation of optical networks.
Since 2003, the International Workshop on Optical Burst/Packet Switching (WOBS) serves as a
premier forum for researchers from academia, industry and government to meet, exchange ideas, and discuss
the technical and commercial challenges associated with burst-switched and packet-switched optical networks.
- EasyChair submission site is now closed
- Registration deadline: July 10, 2008
- Camera-ready manuscript due: July 15, 2008
- Regular papers are allowed up to allowed up to 8 pages with no additional, while only 2 additional pages are allowed with extra charges.
- For invited papers, please add the line "(Invited Paper)" after the title of your paper.
NOTE: Copyright form should include the full conference name (2008 5th International Conference on Broadband Communications, Networks and Systems) and NOT the workshop name under IEEE PUBLICATION TITLE
For questions regarding paper upload, copyright forms etc, please contact:
Arunita Jaekel (email@example.com)
For questions regarding cmc account information, login and password please contact:
Dorothy Bany (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See you at WOBS 2008!